Instagram's social media platform allows you to share photos with friends, family, and the world. The Instagram web application is available in Shift for any Shift Advanced user.
On Instagram, users can:
- View and comment on images shared by other users.
- Send messages to individuals or groups.
- Follow other users to keep up to date with their posts.
This feature is available for all Shift Advanced Users.
How does Instagram work in Shift?
Instagram in Shift works the same as Instagram in a browser. Certain features from the mobile app, such as posting images, are not available.
How to add Instagram to Shift
- Open Shift and click on the plus sign in the bottom left-hand corner.
- Click on 'Add Application'.
- Tap on the search bar to type 'Instagram'.
- Select 'Instagram', add your preferred account name and preferred account color.
- Click on 'Save' and find 'Instagram' added to the Shift sidebar.
How Do I Post on Shift?
Unlike the mobile app, the web version of Instagram does not allow users to create posts. Because of this, users are unable to create posts when using Instagram in Shift. You can only create posts with the Instagram mobile app.
How Do I Look at My Messages?
On the top right next to the home icon, there is an icon shaped like a paper airplane. Clicking this will bring you to your direct messages. From there, you can access your preexisting conversations or create a new one.