You can import all of your passwords from 1Password to Shift. Check out the easy steps below!
Step 1: Ensure that Import to Chrome is Enabled
In order to import your passwords from 1Password, you must first import them into Chrome, as Shift only supports importing from browsers. Please follow these steps to ensure that import mode is enabled in Chrome:
- To access the Chrome flags menu, please type the following text into your browser search bar: chrome://flags and hit enter
- In the search bar type “Password import”
- From the drop-down menu select “Enabled” to allow password importing from Chrome
- Relaunch Chrome
- Click on Settings ⋮ and choose Passwords underneath the Autofill menu
- Click on Passwords and click on the three vertical dots beside “Saved Passwords”
- Select Import
Step 2: Export your Data from 1Password to Chrome
- Open and unlock 1Password
- Select the items you want to export. Select multiple items by holding down the Ctrl key when clicking on them. Select all of the items by pressing Ctrl + A after clicking one of the items on the list
- Right-click the selected item(s) and choose Export
- Choose the format comma-separated value (CSV)
- Enter a filename and click Save
Step 3: Import from Chrome to Shift
Learn how to do that here.
After you have imported your passwords to Shift you can delete the unencrypted CSV file from your desktop.
For more information on exporting your data to a CSV file from 1Password please refer to this article from 1Password written by 1Password support.
Learn how to set up your emergency kit here.
Get in touch with our support team here.